Green Tea offers a plethora of health and skin benefits and we all have experienced them at some point of our lives. Whether it is our weight loss regime or a newly curated skin care routine, Green Tea is an inevitable part of it.
Do you know what’s effective just like green tea? Green tea skincare recipes! They’re natural, are known to have no side effects on the skin and can be easily prepared at home. We’re discussing such top three skincare recipes that you definitely might want to try. So, hurry, make notes!
Matcha Green Tea Face Mask
Matcha Green Tea finds a special space on the kitchen shelves of fitness enthusiasts and those who really enjoy taking care of their skin. Sipping a cup of Matcha Green Tea is also a great way of indulging in some quality self-pampering. That being said, this category of green tea is stuffed with a number of anti-oxidants, natural antibiotics, vitamins and detoxifying agents all of which work wonders on the skin when applied as a Matcha Green Tea Face Mask.
Matcha Powder – ¼ tbsp.
Aloe Vera – 1 tbsp.
1. Mix ¼ tbsp. of matcha powder with one tbsp. of aloe vera to form a paste.
2. Apply this paste on your face using your fingertips. Avoid the area around your eyes.
3. Let it stay for 5-10 minutes.
4. Rinse with tap water and pat dry using a towel.
5. Put on some moisturiser to avoid tight and dry skin due to aloe vera.
Anti-aging Green Tea and Yoghurt Mask
Green Tea consists of polyphenols that fights free radicals to reduce and remove the effects of anti-aging on the skin. The combination of green tea and yoghurt in this mask gives the skin a power packed supply of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents that fight acne. Regular use of this mask tightens the facial skin and reduces age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Greek Yoghurt – 3 tbsps.
Green Tea – 1 tbsp.
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tbsp.
Coconut Oil – ½ tbsp. (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stir well to form a paste.
3. Apply evenly on your face and neck.
4. Let it stay put for 20 minutes before rinsing it.
5. Apply two to three times weekly for visible effects.
Green Tea Skin Toner
A green tea skin toner is the easiest to make. It has some really wonderful effects on the skin and some of them include skin hydration, treating infected acne and imparting natural glow to the skin.
Loose Green Tea – 2 tbsps.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – ¼ cup
Natural Essential Oils
1. Brew 2 tbsps. of green tea.
2. Add apple cider vinegar and a natural essential oil of your choice. Rosehip oil is a great choice.
3. Store this solution in a spray bottle.
4. You can spray it first thing after you wake up or before going to bed for better results.
Now that you know these DIY skincare remedies from green tea, make sure you try them and see what works best for you.
Disclaimer: Before you use any of the mentioned skincare recipes, please check and confirm whether it suits your skin. There is a possibility that you might be allergic to the use of green tea on your skin. If you experience skin irritation after you’ve applied/used any of these masks, kindly seek medical attention immediately.